Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Passionate Kisses. Long Embraces. Searing Looks.

I want to be in love so bad!

I blame my friend Alice. She’s moving to Hong Kong, and she gave me all these trashy romance novels that I ended up actually reading. You know the ones. Passionate Kisses. Long Embraces. Searing Looks. I’m reluctant to even type all that. Ah, to be the heroine swooning in the arms of a strong, vibrant hero.

As an English major, I’m ashamed to have such poorly-written material in my house. That’s why they are neatly hidden and not on my book shelves. The horror, the horror of anyone knowing my dirty little secret.

I’m mortified to even say I went into a Half Price Books and picked up more. It was so shameful, that I didn’t risk going into my regular/favorite Half Price Book store. I have a friend who works there and would be so embarrassed of him witnessing my purchases.

Yes, I want to be in love so bad!

Of course, in reality, relationships are hard. I don’t expect happily-ever-after. I do expect to put in the work needed to keep the relationship fresh and new. I have seen too many examples where people have stopped trying or people have gotten distracted by other people.

Yes, I want to be in love, and I am ready to love. I just needed some steamy love stories to get me to admit it.

No comments: