Monday, August 23, 2010

God Told Me To...

I am very aware of the fact that there are a lot of things that I want to do. I normally do them and then seek God’s blessing when I am full steam into my project or idea. I may take for granted that my steps are indeed ordered by the Lord.

I am not one of those people who say, “God told me to….” I normally brace myself when people start conversations with me with the lines “God told me to…”

I certainly believe that God does talk to His people. It’s just that most of the times when I hear this line my honest thought regarding what follows is along the lines of are you sure that God told you that?

I firmly believe that God does not tell people to do anything that is outside of His Word. At least, not the God that I know.

I think people should just be more honest. I am doing this because I want to do it. It would be more truthful. It would be more authentic. It would be more believable.

It’s hard to refute people when they bring God into things. I just think that people need to know God a little more before they place Him in the mess they create because of something they want or wanted to do.

No comments: