Monday, May 10, 2010

Random Musings

I had the strangest thought this Mother’s Day. I don’t remember every spending a Mother’s Day with my mom. I was 16 months old when my mom sent us away, so I know that I spent at least one with her. I don’t have memory of any other Mother’s Day I may have spent with her.

I also don’t remember spending any birthdays with her, but there were at least two. There was the birthday before we were sent away. I also have a picture of another birthday when I was little. I am sitting on her lap and smiling and my sisters are smiling standing next to her. There is a cake that says Happy Birthday, Mom. I was just too young to remember.

It did make me think that I should make a conscious effort to spend a birthday and Mother’s Day with her so I can have it in my memory bank.

I remember being very happy when I finally got a picture of me, my mom, and my dad together. I was 30+. Better late than never

No comments: