Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet Sade

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with my cousin and her daughter.

Sade makes me feel so wonderful. When I walk in, her face lights up and she starts laughing and jumping and reaching for me. It’s nice that someone is so happy to see me coming. LOL. She will be one year in less than a month. It’s so hard to believe. She is a miracle in my life and an opportunity for me to think of someone beyond myself.

We have a lot of plans for her life. There were a lot of things that we weren’t able to do and things that we weren’t exposed to that we want her to have and know. LaQuita and I talk about this all the time. This little girl will know that she is wanted and that she is loved. She will know that her family wants and expects her to succeed. She will know that home and family are safe places for her to be.

She may end of being a little spoiled and that’s okay. Part of our job is to instill the need to give back to her community. She will be able to look around and see that she is blessed, and she will see us sacrifice not only for her good but for the good of the community.

No comments: