Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poem

We are nearing the end of the month, and I have been embarrassingly negligent on my blog!

It’s not that I don’t have things to say. LOL! I’ve sat down a few times, but I just haven’t been able to quite get out what I want to say. There are times when the words on the page aren’t quite expressing what it is I am trying to say.

Last week during praise and worship a song/poem did come to me. Here it is:

Worthy, worthy, worthy
Is the Lamb that was slain
You are the reason
Why He came

He came to give you life
Life more abundantly
He came that you might have
Everlasting peace

He came to give you
Everything you will ever need
Come let us exalt
Our everlasting King

Jesus, Jesus
Is the Lamb that was slain
You are the reason
Why He came

It’s still a work in progress. I want to call it Jesus, Jesus Lamb of Glory, which is notably absence from the lines!

The last time I wrote a poem was years ago when I was in Charleston for a conference. Ah, the sweet smell in the air was inspiring.

No comments: