Saturday, March 6, 2010

Words vs. Actions

Have you ever heard the expression, I can’t hear what you are saying because of your actions. Okay, that may not exactly be the expression but you get my point.

I get the feeling that people sometimes tell me what they think I want to hear. Let me rephrase that. People say what they think you want to hear – period.

I would just rather have the truth.

When people continual don’t tell the truth, it’s hard to trust them and you doubt their integrity.

When people tell me something, I take it to heart until their actions show me that their words meant nothing.

I suppose what I am trying to say is to be careful what you say to other people and what you promise.

It hurts less to know the truth upfront than to have your hopes built then shattered into a million pieces.

1 comment:

Liza said...

I know that when I find out people are giving me lip service, it's usually because they are afraid of my reaction if they tell me the truth. So I've had to evaluate my reactions. Am I over reacting? Yelling? Over critical? Can I take "bad" news gracefully? Those are things that determine if people can trust ME with the truth.