Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm Still Here!!!

I am supposed to blog once a week, but I’ve obviously done a poor job in October. The good news is that I still have a day and a half to make three posts. LOL. It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say, it’s just that I have been holding back. Sometimes, the words just don’t seem adequate. Or I just feel like what I wrote makes me sound pompous, which is not a good thing! Or finally, what I say really opens me up and I feel vulnerable so I pull back. So I wanted to check in and say, I’m still here!

The other reason is that I am addicted to a word game online. I play it during lunch and when I get home until late. I miss my bedtime, and then I am up half the night thinking of words. The game is called Fowl Words. There are seven letters that are scrambled, and you have two minutes to make as many words as you can during that time. At first, it’s easy and it gets harder and harder as you go to higher levels. You decide if you can make eight words in two minutes or 13 words. Then it goes to like 18 or 23. If you make all the words, you go on. If not, you lose. As I reach higher levels, I choose the smaller about. Words have to be three or more letters and scoring is based on how many letters the words are. There is one seven letter word and a miscellaneous number of three, four, five, and six letter words. So a seven letter word is worth more than a three letter word.

Here is a good example:

B e t y r e h

Thereby
Hereby
There
Herb
They
Here
Beer
Beet
Tee
Her
Ere
Bye
Rye….

…okay. You get the picture!

No comments: