Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pasta Making Class

June's activity was making homemade pasta from scratch. I got a Groupon for Eat Local, and I was very pleased with the class and overall value of the Groupon!

The class was small (I think some people didn't make it). The instructor was great. Throughout, we were brought samples of some of their food offerings. The food was really good. We also got a plate of pasta and a small dessert. So I left feeling quite full. They offered complimentary beverages.

The recipe was three ingredients. Yes; three! Flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt.

This is something I would do again, if I had a pasta making machine. Hint hint. If anyone wants to invest in one for me or give me their old one. I would make some pasta for you.


The three ingredients


I made a mound with two cups of flour, and cracked three large eggs in the center

Action Shot: I used a fork to bring the flour, pinch of salt, and eggs together

Kneaded dough

Wrapped and sat aside for 15 minutes

Cut the dough in half, and used this apparatus to do one half at a time
Stretching the dough out


I decided to make spaghetti noodles


Action Shot: Making my pasta!


My pasta to take home

Dinner

No comments: