Saturday, June 18, 2016

Rock and Roll Seattle

I walked the Rock and Roll Seattle half marathon with Crystal and Demetrius! We rocked it out in around three and a half hours. There is such a sense of satisfaction that comes from crossing the finish line.

This was my fourth half marathon! I have now done two Seattle and two Rock and Roll Seattle's. My goal is to do two a year.

I am always aware of the other people running/walking. There are different ages and there are different body types. Everyone is just trying to finish. We found our comfortable stride, and we kept it.

I'm working on a fitness article for my church newsletter. I'm writing about coming together as a community to exercise and get/stay healthy. Perfect timing and illustration. We had a lot of time to talk, joke, reflect in silence, and just be with each other. All while doing exercise in the great outdoors. 

Here are some pictures:



Me, Crystal, and Demetrius moving to the start line

A shot of downtown Seattle. We were almost to the finish line!

Finishers with our medals!

A sister was hungry! Not a morsel was left on my plate!

No comments: