Saturday, January 9, 2016

Volume XV Issue I: Editor's Corner

This is the "Editor's Corner" I wrote for the Volume XV Issue I edition of the PCC Scroll.



I would encourage all of you to stir up and use the gifts and talents God has given to you. This particular call and article is geared toward those with the gift, talent, and passion for writing. It is a call to use your gift and talent to participate in the next PCC anthology.

The Call for Submission will be from January 1 to March 31 with the goal to have the book finished and published late 2016 or early 2017. I am very excited about this. If you are curious about the first anthology, it is available on Amazon.com in paperback, hardback, and Kindle formats. I also have some paperback copies for sale. Also, feel free to approach me with any questions. I would be happy to answer them.

The written word is such a gift to humanity with the power to stir and move the reader. Since I was a young child, I have loved the written word. I always enjoyed reading and writing. In elementary school, junior high school, and high school, I would spend my breaks in the library being taken to other worlds and caught up in the writers’ emotions.

As a freshman at the UW, I entered the university as a psych major. It became (painfully) obvious to me that I had no passion or interest in the subject. I changed my degree to English with a writing emphasis and spent my studies writing and reading, which I loved with all of my being.
When the PCC Women’s Scroll was birthed 15 years ago, I was very excited. As the years progressed, a love of editing was also birthed,
which was somewhat unexpected. But it is a skill set that continues to be developed. Each quarter, it has been a joy to write and edit. As the years have progressed, I have found myself interested in helping and developing other writers, which again has been unexpected. But it shows that the plans God has for us are ones that we can’t imagine for ourselves.

If you are a writer, you do have a story to share, words of encouragement to give, and the unique gift of being able to create a world of your own creation. You have the power to move your reader with emotions.

The written word is a gift to writers. Writing is so personal. To give birth to a body of work is such a marvelous accomplishment. To express and release emotions and thoughts is such a therapeutic exercise.

If you are a writer, I encourage you to submit something! It could be poetry, a short story, an essay, or part of a larger project. I would love to hear from you! It will be an opportunity to leave a published body of work and share your gift and talent.

Keep Calm and Write On!

No comments: