Friday, June 5, 2015

Westminster Abbey



The weekend of May 29, Romanita, Toyia, and I went on a retreat to Westminster Abbey in Mission BC. It was a much needed getaway and so absolutely peaceful.

In this season, I feel like I am waiting for time to let me out of things. I am not one to wish time away, but I would love to fast forward. Meanwhile, I need to figure out a way to silence my inner voice and find peace in things that are not so certain. And to find peace in things I can’t change. The only thing I can control is my reaction.

Life will always come up against us. There will always be something, whether small or large. I need to learn to keep my peace despite of. There is nothing in this world that should move me, and I have been letting small things get to me.

It’s tempting to want to retreat into a monastic life but the conflict in me goes with me wherever I go. That just needs to be dealt with. But it was nice to be cut off from the world with no reception. No email. No Facebook updates. Time to write. Eating simple meals. Some of which I could do when here if I wanted.

I just need to focus and get things done.

Viewpoint from one of the paths

The Abbey

Mary's Lake

One of the local homes was open as a garden

Students baling hay. It smelled so fresh

The Archangel Gabriel. One of the priest did this and other people from the Bible. He's 91 now.

The altar. The crucifixion was also done by the priest who is now 91.

Stain Glass windows. I especially loved the yellow, orange and red ones

No comments: