Monday, June 15, 2015

Rock and Roll Half Marathon



Before I began my health journey, doing a half marathon was on my bucket list.

As you know, I did the Seattle Half Marathon in November. On Saturday, I did the Rock and Roll Half Marathon with Des, Kenna, and Janice. If anyone had told me I would do two half marathons in seven months, I probably would have laughed. But here we are, and it feels good!

It’s just such a great feeling to cross the finish line. It’s a sense of accomplishment. As you move from the one mile marker, to two, and so on. There’s a point where you realize you are more than half way done. Then you are like two more miles, then one more mile. Then you see the finish line and get that last-minute adrenal rush. Not sure what the next one will be, but here’s to the next!

With Des and Kenna before the race

With Kenna, Janice, and Des before the race
With Janice and Des near the starting line
With Kenna during the race
Rock and Roll Half Marathon Finishers!

No comments: