Thursday, June 5, 2014

Puerta Vallarta



The week of Memorial Day I took a quick 40th birthday trip with Romanita to Puerta Vallarta.

It was a novel vacation for me. Most vacations find me running to see this castle, museum, or church. This vacation found me working out three of the days, walking every day, and enjoying the beach. I think it would be great to take two vacations: one like my normal, see these places in history mania and one just relaxing on the beach doing nothing. Of course, I don’t like being hot so it could just be going somewhere low key.

Monday was travel day. Once we arrived at the resort, we got settled, ate, and walked around the grounds some.

On Tuesday, I walked around the grounds again while Romanita was on a work call. We then went to the beach and relaxed. I managed to get 30 minutes of core workout in.

Wednesday I did 30 minutes of core and walked for an hour while Nita was on a work call. We went downtown and had a nice dinner at a placed called Casa Isabella, which had great views. We were going to catch the bus, but we met a nice couple from Missouri and ended up splitting a cab. They gave us some pointers on places to eat and what to do. After we returned, I was skimming through my pictures, and they jogged my memory of the day I spent there during my 9-11, near death experience, cruise.

Thursday I did 30 minutes of core, 30 minutes on the bike, and an hour walk while Nita went to a presentation. I then went to the beach and read and did an email exchange with Deidre.

Friday was low key with some walking and then hanging out.

Saturday was spent getting ready to go home, but I did get some walking in.

The weather was around 90, and we had some rain and thundershowers. The first few days that was mainly at night.



No comments: