Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1.17.12

The last several weeks have been interesting.

I started the year off on a high. I was full of assurance and examples of God’s grace, mercy, and blessings.

Then, this little voice in the back of my head started whispering warnings of not knowing what is around the corner. It was like I began looking behind me to see what was going to come and side swipe me. Worst, I began creating drama in my mind.

It’s very interesting. The bottom line is that there are seasons. This is a season where everything is going “right,” which is just a way of me saying I have been get everything I want. This is true in big things and small things.

In moments of immaturity, I sometimes mistake God’s blessings as a sign that He is there for me.

In truth, He is there for me in times of chastisement (am I not a child of His) and in times when I don’t get me way (because I know that there will be a point in time when I have this aha moment of why I didn’t get what I threw a tantrum (stomping of the foot, falling out in tears of hysterics) for.

So, I am just going to sit back and relax and enjoy where I am at right now.

No comments: