Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 46

For today, I decided to meditate on two sets of scriptures Ephesians 6:12 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

This weekend, I went and saw the movie Immortals. The story line interested me, plus I think the lead actor is a good actor (not to mention terribly good looking).

I really, really liked the last scene because it showed a war going on in the heavens against good and evil. The scene was something my imagination could have easily conjured up while thinking about the spiritual battle that is going on around us. And it’s interesting to me that this concept is something that people scoff and joke about. If I was in a meeting and proclaimed something that happened was really just a spiritual battle unfolding, I’m pretty sure I’d be mocked, which is fine.

The truth is that we spend so much time warring against each other that we never take the time to think about the spiritual aspect of the conflict. So, I just wanted to remind myself that I am not at war with any of who may intentionally or accidently offend or hurt me. The picture is way bigger and complex that my mind can take a hold of.

No comments: