Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 44

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

For my devotional, I choose this scripture because quite frankly sometimes I need to be reminded of it. Every seemingly random act and every seemingly little action are all working together to fulfill a master plan in my life.

I remember randomly signing up for a bunch of training early in my career at the port. I took training in every software I could think of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. These trainings have helped me immensely in my work life and have even proved useful in my public life.

There are times when I scream internally why some bad things have happened. How can mistakes, judgment errors, accidents, horrible events work together for my good? I’m not always sure on this, but I try to accept that they do.

I know that there have been times when I wanted something so bad, and I was extremely crushed when I did not get it. Then there would be a point in time when I had an “aha moment” as to why the thing I desired so intensely was in fact just very bad for me.

I don’t have all the answers, but I will walk by faith that things are working out for me. Even if I can’t see it now or if I don’t see it all.

No comments: