Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 38

Now that the newsletter is underway, I am once again hit by how much I enjoy working on it.

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved words. I have always loved the emotions the right words strung together can bring. It’s truly a gift to be able to make people feel. I have always loved the ability of a book to make me feel and take me somewhere far away. This is especially true as a child when I wanted to escape. As an adult, I am more aware of needing to come back to the real world so to speak.

But being whisked away on an epic adventure brings my imagination to life. This leads to my own desires to spring forth.

There is just so much travel I still want to do. I can spend hours plotting how to make all this happen in a fiscally responsible manner of course.

There is the thought or wonder if somewhere out there is a person for me.

There are things that are not yet, but could be. But it really makes me wonder how parallel my desires and God’s will are running? Of course, my timing is now, but God’s timing could be longer.

Yesterday for my devotional, I searched “God’s time” and found these two scriptures from the Amplified Bible to use.

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.” Habakkuk 2: 3

“For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” Ephesians 2: 10

No comments: