Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 23

Last week was pretty interesting. My conclusion is that God is trying to teach me not to “react” to the chaos around me. And, it’s hard. But, when it comes down to it, becoming emotionally distraught about events one cannot control or change isn’t worth it.

So, I am back to Jeremiah 1:5. I have also added Psalm 37:23-24 and Romans 8:28. I just need to remember that God has a plan for me, and it will come to pass.

Jeremiah 1:5, reads, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”

Psalm 37:23-24, reads, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.”

Romans 8:28 reads, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

My prayers continue to be weird, but as I have said a million times, I know that God knows. Only He can quiet the storm that wants to rage in me.

This morning, I learned that my friend’s aunt passed away. I spent 2.5 weeks in South India and most of the time was spent living in Bangalore at the home of my friend’s grandmother. Her grandmother lives with her daughter (my friend’s mom) who happened to be in the U.S. when we were in India. There were two other homes in their family compound where two of her aunts lived.

It was an amazing time, and I spent a lot of time with three of the four amazing women who live in the compound. The woman who passed was so extremely intelligent. She was a historian who told us stories and tales with the hugest smile on her face. Living with them for that short time created a big place in my heart for them. She will be remembered fondly. Another mighty oak has fallen.

1 comment:

Mrs.Shandekar said...

Mani always asked fondly about you and Desi and I showed her your pics on FB, often. She enjoyed your time with her as much as you did yours with her. xoxo