Monday, May 9, 2016

April Activity



In April, my learning/new thing was signing up for random fitness classes through a Groupon. I did MixxedFitt, Zumba, and Hip Hop Dance. 

The classes fell in line with my ongoing quest for wellness, and summer is coming :0). Wait, I thought winter is coming.

I thought the Hip Hop Dance was a class where you danced to hip hop music. I was wrong. It was a class where you learned a choreographed dance each class. It was actually a lot of fun. I noticed I did better without the music while we were going slow learning the routine. 

With the music… Well picture Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) in 30 Rock dancing. Or the episode where Elaine Benes (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) danced in Seinfeld. Or Baby Houseman (Jennifer Grey) in Dirty Dancing prior to Patrick Swayze. 

Elaine dancing (click on to link)

Liz Lemon dancing (clink on to link)

But I had so much fun doing it! There’s that aha moment where all of the parts come together, and I realized I got it. It’s certainly something I could see myself doing again, and I think it would make a good group activity.

I would see the same people in the classes, and it was cool as the recognition increased with other students. There are a lot of Indian ladies (Indian as in from India), which I may have mentioned before. I’m not sure the reason of this.

In May, I actually have two things I’m doing. Tonight, I am doing another sip and paint type class with Corks and Canvas. And then next week, I have an Italian cooking class, which I am looking forward to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great.

Unknown said...

This is great.