Sunday, December 6, 2015

I walked my third half marathon the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was great to finish. This is my second Seattle Marathon. I luckily had dry weather for both. It was cold this year, but it was not as cold as last year. I am already signed up for the Rock and Roll in June, which will be number four!

Here is what I wrote on Facebook:
Excited to say, I beat my half-marathon goal walk of 3 hours and 30 minutes, and I finished in 3 hours and 25 minutes. As I was walking, people would pass me, or I would pass them. I kept thinking, “The race is not to the swift.” I just needed to finish my race. I walked together with two different women for periods of time. One was walking much faster than me, so eventually I was like go ahead. The other was walking too slow, so eventually I was like I am going to walk ahead. LOL. But in life, I would encourage you to find your stride and pace and walk in it. I know at the end (whether it's a race, a season, or my life), I just want to keep my course. That’s my word for today.

Nita and I before the race. She ran, and I walked.
During the first mile, Gabriela met me to say hi. She also gave me a nice snack bag. Thanks, Gaby!

No comments: