Monday, April 6, 2015

PCC Scroll Volume XIV Issue II Editor's Corner



Life is filled with changes, new seasons, and next steps. Some of the biggest changes we can face in our lives are a change in our marital status, moving to a new place, having children, or changing our career.

Minister Kelly Grayson, who has been a writer and editor for the PCC Scroll for many years, is about to begin a new season of her life! She will be married in April, and she will attend the church of her husband. We wish her a prosperous journey as she goes through these changes in her life. We thank her for her years of service, and we wish her and Randy a blessed union!

I too will experience a major change. I have reached an interesting crossroad in my career. I have worked for the same organization for over 18 years, and I have done the same job for more than half of that time. Well change is afoot. Things have been so stable at work for so long; I am having a hard time gauging my reaction to what is happening around me. It does have me thinking about what my next steps are career-wise.

Overall, I find myself in a very settled state because it seems like no matter which road I choose, all will be well. I look to the left and to the right and try to focus on what I have been preparing for. I find myself weighing the pros and cons on the decision of where do I go from here. It seems like each path is lit, and it is just a matter of walking forth in the faith that all things will and do work for my good. The next steps are basically an opportunity for something new, and it is helpful that no choice seems like a bad decision.

And you know God’s timing is impeccable. As I continue on my own journey of becoming my authentic self, the decision I make is part of that journey. It will tell me about my priorities and hopefully lead me closer to my passion and align with my destiny in God.

Through this process, I have realized that the fantasies of what I think I want to do and the reality of what I want to do crash. This is a little disconcerting, but I think I am okay with that (smile). It sometimes causes me to stop and wonder if I am on the right track, but I hold on to my faith.

Even outside of the four big changes, we can come to crossroads where we ask ourselves, “What’s next?” It is during this time that we go through a prayerful period of self-assessment. We take honest stock in where we are and acknowledge where we are. We can then create new goals for ourselves that further challenge our existences. These goals can lead us to where we want to be.

As you reach your own crossroad on your journey, I pray that your next steps bring you closer to your authentic self and to your destiny in Christ.

No comments: