Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring

Although it has not snowed this winter, it seems like it's been a LONG winter. I am so ready for spring and some warm weather. As I type, my heat is blasting in the background. I am thankful for no snow, especially after seeing the amount of snow in the east coast and Midwest.

Spring is coming. I can smell it in the air and pollen is tinkling my nose hairs.

Here are some pictures I took.

The cherry blossom picture is bitter sweet. I had just left a memorial for one of my neighbors of many years. Out of the many things that was said about him the one thing that struck was when someone described him as  having an open heart. At that moment, I felt very open.

Everyone of has a reason we could close off our hearts, but it's so important to keep them open.


No comments: