Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2012 Letter

2012 was a good year. I haven’t had any big major changes in my life in a while, but some of the people around me have. I’m still with the same company, living in the same place, and driving the same car. So, my life has been pretty stable.

As you know, I have a goal to take one major trip each year. This year, I visited Poland, Hungary, Austria, and the Czech Republic. I also did a half day in Slovakia. It was a great trip, but it went by way too fast! In Poland, I was able to go to Auschwitz and see the Black Madonna. I stayed in Warsaw and Krakow. In Austria, I was in Budapest. My favorite spot was the Vajdahunyad Castle. It is so magical! It has four parts: a Romanesque Chapel, Gothic Gate, Renaissance castle and Baroque palace. The grounds were amazing. And the surroundings were kind of misty. In Austria, I went to Vienna. They have some impressive castles and architecture. In the Czech Republic, I went to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I really liked the small-town of the latter. I also really enjoyed Bratislava in Slovakia. Small-town feel with some great historical points.

I also traveled to Long Beach for my job. That was great because I got to so see some colleagues who I have grown quite found of over the years.

I am still working for the Port of Seattle. October 1, 2012, marked my 16th anniversary (included my temp time). I am grateful to have a job. The first 16 years went by so fast. I assume the next 16 will go by just as quickly. Time is moving!

Church is going well. I just released the first issue of our twelfth year. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. It continues to be something I enjoy. I know I was called to write, and my skills as an editor are improving. I am also an usher still. I have come a long way from my “mean usher” days. God has been good to me. God has surrounded me with wonderful people. I am truly blessed in this area. God has sent me a lot of love, and I am thankful for it. I am very excited about the anthology that is almost done.

My hair is coming along. January 8 marked three years of locking.

I have no idea of what 2013 will bring, but I am excited!

I hope you had a great Christmas, and I wish you a Happy New Year!



No comments: